I don't defend a company like Samsung in this situation, they're pretty poorly ripping off the iPad with some of the additions they've made to Android.

The problem is, I don't defend any of these companies skinning Android. Why can't they just release a tablet device, throw Android on there, and call it a day? Why tack on their horrible software on top? At the very least, they could tweak it so that it scaled better to the larger screen, but then just leave it alone!

In the cell phone market, these companies seem to be saying "we have to differentiate ourselves from the other Android phones on the market, so we'll add our own software on top." They don't seem to realize that, IMO, their phone already differentiate themselves hardware-wise. They don't need that crapware.

But it drives me more crazy when it comes to tablets. There isn't a viable Android tablet yet, so why not be the first on the market with one? Just put out a 10" display device and call it a day!

For the moment, though, it doesn't matter. The landscape will be clearer as the year ends, and we'll see if there are one or two decent alternatives (for us Android lovers, not Bruno) to the iPad like there are in the phone market.