Originally Posted By: drakino
The only big hole here I see currently is Hulu, though currently I'm not watching much off Hulu these days.

Considering all the networks seem to be jumping ship on Hulu, I don't think it matters much. Can you get video from the networks' sites? ABC has an app, right? So that one doesn't matter even.

Quote:
I definitely understand why Michael Arrington was trying to build a CrunchPad.

I think one thing that everyone involved in this thread can agree on is that the JooJoo (awful name) will not be a threat to the iPad, and it certainly doesn't seem like it's going to be successful on any level.

Quote:
*edit* As far as Google Reader is concerned, I'll have to try it later. I don't use it normally, so I may not be the best person to comment on how useful it is on the iPad. I know a coworker who does use Reader quite a bit though, and he owns an iPad, so I'll ask him for you Matt.

Thanks, I'm very interested in that. To be honest, I hadn't thought about using a tablet like this for Reader until I lay down on the couch the other night to try reading it on my netbook. It's just not a good experience.

Again, being honest here, there's a lot I like about the iPad, and if enough uses for it come up for me, I just might have to swallow my pride and consider it. But really, I just can't do it at that price. It'll be interesting to see if Apple reduces the cost in 4-6 months...