Originally Posted By: wfaulk
I'm aware of the European wireless card readers, but those are uncommon, at best, in the US. (In reality, they're virtually unheard-of.) The only place I've ever seen one was at the Apple Store.

Yeah, I'll second Bitt on this one. I recently heard about those remote readers, but I've not seen a single one in any restaurant in the Washington D.C. area.

Get a decent CC company if you're that worried about having the card info stolen. I've had my info stolen by using Amazon in the past. That didn't stop me from becoming a Prime customer later on.

*edit* Looks like I can expect Android support from Square pretty soon. I've signed up for the beta. Fingers crossed! */edit*

To bring this back to the iPad (I'm actually bringing the discussion ON topic? me? wow!): I have a question for the iPad owners. Could someone briefly discuss the Google Reader experience on this thing? This should be the best way to read...Reader, but I can't help but think I'd miss my oft-relied upon keyboard shortcuts. The entire time I'm on reader, my fingers are glued to the J, K, M, and S keys for the way I go through my feeds. It would take some adjusting to just using a finger to scroll.

First off, does it default to the mobile version? That would be annoying, because I can't stand the mobile version on a smartphone, let alone on a screen that size. It would look ridiculous.

Edited by Dignan (07/04/2010 01:42)