Originally Posted By: andy
And at least they'd been in the non-Windows tablet for a long time, trying to make a go of it.

They have. Longer than most companies. Certainly longer than Apple. But all their stuff has been lacking in some area. Either the hardware is underpowered or the software is terrible. Now they have good software, but they still seem to be limiting their devices. Their previous Android tablets haven't been received well.

I don't see much of a problem with the screenshot above, Andy. Also, I'll point out that it isn't the official Android App Market. AFAIK, Archos can't put the official market on their devices, so they have their own.

The interface element I'm least confident will translate to a tablet is one of my favorite UI elements of Android: the shade. It's my favorite aspect of the OS, but I fear it'll look odd on such a large screen.

Both OSs have UI challenges when increasing the screen size. How about we wait to see what Google does to actually deal with the issue? That won't be clear until the next update.