Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I haven't seen anything to indicate that Android is any good on a tablet device without mods.

True. On the other hand, my prediction is that Android will be very good on a tablet in a year or so.

Similarly to what happened in the phone market, where Android, at least here, is extremely popular and appreciated. I personally found the Samsung Galaxy very good, and, not being admittedly an advanced user of neither the iPhone not Android, I found Android just as pleasant to use as the iPhone G4. Both devices I've tried only for hours and use occasionally, so possibly I am not advanced enough to appreciate the pros and cons of each. On the other hand, I think 99% of the market is not, and only use smat phones at 1% of their potential.

for what it is worth, I can say that I know directly 4 people, 3 of which completely non-tech, who just love Android on their phone for the everyday life: they take pictures, listen to music, play games, and occasionally even make phone calls, and are just happy. Would they be happied with an iPhone? I don't know of course, but the (superficial) impression I get from Android-on-smart-phone is that it got pretty good and does please users a lot. In other words, a real competitor.

So, I can see this happen in the tablet (iPod style) market as well.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg