Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Amazon specifically, may also consider supporting ePub. They're starting to look like a Windows media-only playing music device...

That's one thing we can agree on. There's a lot of content out there that I'd love for my wife to be able to get on her Kindle.

Originally Posted By: drakino
Now comes the part that explains why Apple is constantly rated well for customer service and satisfaction. Without me complaining or saying a word, they handed over a $100 iTunes gift card as an apology for not having the unit on hand, and took down my cell phone number to call when the unit did arrive. They also handed me a ticket to use when I came back to be able to just walk in the store and buy it. They could have just said "Well, it will be here by 3pm, come back later", but they decided to be nice up front and give a consolation away for another companies screwup.

Credit where credit is due, that's excellent customer service. I'm still waiting for the FitBit I ordered, they just missed their FOURTH estimated ship date, and when they do this the company is completely unreachable. I don't expect a discount or even have the shipping costs removed. All I want to know is what's going on!

By the way, I must admit that there's one thing that makes me crave an iPad at the moment, and that's the fact that Square for some reason chose it as its launch device. My guess is that it works out well for them, in that they're leaving beta and getting onto the hot new device, but they can still limit the number of devices they're launching on. I so hope that they release an Android app eventually, because I'd LOVE to be able to take credit cards out in the field.

Edited by Dignan (05/04/2010 02:29)