Originally Posted By: Dignan

I don't see much of a problem with the screenshot above, Andy. Also, I'll point out that it isn't the official Android App Market. AFAIK, Archos can't put the official market on their devices, so they have their own.

I didn't realise that it wasn't the real marketplace app, but that kind of makes it worse. If it was just Google's app that hadn't been optimised for the tablet yet that is one thing, that it is Archos' own on their own tablet and it makes such poor use of the available space suggests a certain lack of care and attention.

Compare their app to the iPad one showing the same type of screen:

The Archos manages to list the basic details for four apps, the iPad lists 12 in an uncluttered view. Admittedly that appears to be on their 7 inch tablet. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that that same screen looks the same on their 10 inch one, except with an extra app showing and even more horizontal space doing nothing wink

Not that the iPad app store app is perfect, far from it (I really wish you could swipe left and right to page through apps, rather than tapping those somewhat small on screen arrow buttons).