Ok, time for some more impressions.

I'm hooked. I'll definitely be buying the 3G version when it comes out later. Web browsing on it is just really nice, but hard to quantify why. I definitely understand why Michael Arrington was trying to build a CrunchPad. While it does pretty much browse the web the same way any recent smartphone does, the larger screen means far less scrolling and zooming. And the speed is nice and quick. So far, lack of Flash has not been an issue, every embedded video I've come across has worked. I know I'll hit that limitation at some point, but not yet. As long as a site has gone HTML5 for video (like CBS and a few others), or they host their videos on Youtube/Vimeo, it just works. The only big hole here I see currently is Hulu, though currently I'm not watching much off Hulu these days.

Battery life is so good I don't think much about it. I charged it to full Sunday night, then used it heavily on Monday at work. Came home, and kept it on most of the evening, using the drawing program to take some notes while playing a game. Later that night I used it before going to sleep to watch some video, and used it more in the morning when I woke up to browse the web. Then tons more usage at work, including quite a bit of Plants vs Zombies while waiting on OS installs. This evening, the battery still had 25% charge left.

The speaker in this thing is also impressively loud, good enough for me to listen to podcasts in the car while driving down the highway. (something I've now started doing, as my amplifier stopped working Monday morning, need to troubleshoot that one). Screen readability is perfect at any angle, the IPS panel was a great choice for the device. However, my limited sunlight tests weren't so great. It was still readable, but the glare and reflections may get distracting. Sometime this weekend, I'll probably do a side by side test of the nook and iPad for reading outside and comment more.

Some of the native apps are really nice with the larger screen compared to the iPhone, though some don't quite make the best use of the space. BBC for example released a dedicated news app, but I still find it better to go to the web site instead. eBay and Craigslist have apps that make browsing their content way easier.

I haven't gotten into the productivity apps much yet, nor have I used the book reader, so impressions of those will come later.

Oh, and I'm keeping the Apple case. The flexibility of having it prop up the iPad two different ways is handy. Just need to mod the dock so I can use both at the same time.

*edit* As far as Google Reader is concerned, I'll have to try it later. I don't use it normally, so I may not be the best person to comment on how useful it is on the iPad. I know a coworker who does use Reader quite a bit though, and he owns an iPad, so I'll ask him for you Matt.