Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Estimates are that Apple pushed 700K devices in the first day. US-only. You still don't think it's going to outsell the iPhone?

Hold on there sparky. You evidently weren't clear enough on your prediction. What's the time period you're talking about? Are you saying the iPad will outsell the iPhone on release day? The first month? This year? In the long term?

Of course I wouldn't balk at a prediction of outselling it this month, but that prediction is meaningless. When you have users as rabid as Apple fanatics like you, they're going to buy the whole stock right off the bat. In this case, that doesn't tell me anything about the long term success of the product.

Why would anyone be surprised if the iPad outsold the iPhone? The 3Gs is almost a year old, and the iPhone has been around forever. People know what it is. It has prepared people for what the iPad is.

Quote:
Keep in mind that "iPhone" is not "iPod + iPhone" in my prediction...

Why would I have thought that?

I don't know why you're so eager to bash ebook readers, but I just can't agree with you. I think the Kindle is fantastic. Are you an avid reader? And sure, I'd love to see the Kindle go for $99, but that's meaningless. I'd love to set imaginary, unrealistic prices for lots of things, but that doesn't mean I'll get them. What's the difference between saying that, and saying "gee, I think the iPod Nano shouldn't be $149, it should be more like thirty bucks?"

Analysts have started thinking that Amazon might lower the Kindle to $199, and I think that's more than reasonable for what you get. Personally, I just don't think you can compare the Kindle and the iPad. They're different products, they do different things, they're completely different price categories, and just let the people who own Kindles enjoy them.