Originally Posted By: sn00p
Yeah, I'd imagine that the regent street store will have had stupidly long queues, but then again I personally wouldn't go anywhere near that store on release day of a limited stock product.

You get random queues at the Regent Street store sometimes. Not 100% sure why. When it is around the release date of a new product however, it'll be absolutely heaving for days. When the iPod touch was originally released, I went there a week or two after and there was still quite a wait to actually purchase one even with their extra staff with mobile CC terminals.

Originally Posted By: sn00p
As an aside, one of the demo apps on the iPad was Starwalk, liked the app so much that we bought it, it's super cool on the iPad and just as cool (but smaller) on the 3GS, uses the accelerometer, gps and compass to make identifying the night sky a very cool experience. Slightly less cool on the 3G because of the lack of a compass.

I've tried the Google equivalent for Android and whilst it is cool, it still doesn't make it any easier for myself to identify those stars! It just still looks like a mass of really faint dots of light to me smile