On the actual iPad topic, I'm now entering the 6th month of ownership, and still find the device very handy to have. And it's something I still use daily. It's my mobile TV for watching a show before bed, my morning newspaper for browsing sites and e-mail before I'm fully ready to start the day, and a companion when I'm out and about. At work, it's my tool for monitoring servers when away from my desk, or the device I take notes on in meetings. I'll also grab it for reference to show someone at times, and keep a number of work related documents on hand. I'll admit, I haven't done much reading on it, but I haven't been reading much at all lately. The problem is that due to the multitasking capabilities of the device, I find it just as easy to turn on and go into a game or video, distracting me from going into the books section. I need to be a bit more disciplined about that.

I still have to say one of the biggest features of the device though is the battery. I don't even worry about hitting a low battery warning. It will go days at a time with use here and there between charges. It's nice in that way, compared to my iPhone or full laptop that I have to ensure are charged once a day.

I haven't checked in much to see how my grandmother is using hers, but will be visiting in late October, and will post how she's gotten along with it.

*edit* Oh, and it took Apple a little under 5 full months to finally get stock levels to the point they can guarantee a unit will ship within a day of ordering it online. I'll be interested to hear what sales numbers are like at tomorrows event. Friend of mine visiting VMWorld says the iPad is all over the place. It's definitely got an incredible adoption rate among a lot of crowds.

Edited by drakino (01/09/2010 00:30)