As is typical, I agree with Bitt's comments.

I will argue on behalf of the trackball, though. I've had a G1 for about 13 months now, and I use the trackball all the time. It hasn't gotten gunked up even though I have no case on the phone and always keep it in my pants pocket. Frankly, I love that they put a trackball on there, as it gives me more control choices. Capacitive screens are great for fingertip control, but fingertip control is terrible at precision. The trackball helps with that immensely.

Bruno, I'm only guessing at why you don't like the trackball (since you didn't say), but is it a worry that developers with use it as a crutch? That's not the case at all, as I could use my G1 100% of the time without the trackball (I've never encountered a single app that requires it), but I find it very helpful when trying to do precision controlling.

Anyway, if I had the cash (it's just after Christmas, so that's not the case) I'd buy this phone in an instant. It's the best Android phone yet, and I feel it's finally a valid competitor to the iPhone. The App Market is getting better all the time, and finally the big-time developers are realizing that simultaneous development for iPhone and Android is important.