Originally Posted By: Dignan
Woah! I had no idea that you were going to actually get one! Very neat!

It was probably a bad decision on my part, but, dammit, anything to get rid of this Blackberry. The thing that made me finally pull the trigger was that T-Mobile has a $40 unlimited data plan with 0 voice minutes. The per-minute rate is something astronomical, like 50¢ or something, but I really don't use much air time at all.

Interestingly, even though the documentation clearly says that it won't work on AT&T's network, I swapped in my Blackberry SIM just to see, and both voice and data work just fine. I'm only getting EDGE-like data speeds, but that's all I was getting from the Blackberry anyway. I'm sure I'm roaming, but my T-Mobile SIM is supposed to show up on Tuesday.

Have you tried pressing the shift key twice to get all-caps?

Yeah, that works. Not that that was what I meant. On the Blackberry, if you hold down a key for a while, it changes to uppercase, which is faster than shift+key, at least for me.

There's no comma button by default?

If you have the voice input turned on, but replaces the comma key with a voice input key. Turn it off and the comma comes back. I think I'll leave it that way. The voice input works reasonably well, but I can't think of many situations where it would be that useful.