Originally Posted By: andy
Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I have a feeling Tom is going to chime in with regards to migrating computers. But I'll say that I've never had a problem with with my wife's regular iPod nor my iPod touch with multiple computers. Not with migrating from one computer to another and not when using the device on multiple computers.

I wish that matched my experience of moving from one iTunes install to another. In every case when I've plugged an iPhone into a new iTunes install it has been very keen to delete all my music and my apps. It is one area where the whole thing really falls down.

That is my experience also. Just swapping out system drives makes iTunes want to delete my entire iPod Touch. I ended up having to get iGadget (from Purple Ghost) to try to grab my stuff off the iPod so iTunes didn't delete it. Only problem is it doesn't grab photos.

I guess it wouldn't be bad, but I haven't found any way to redownload what you've purchased. It would seriously piss me off if I swapped system drives and iTunes wiped my iPod and didn't give me the chance to redownload what I bought from their store. That is why I like Steam and Direct2Drive (and Impulse, though I use it less). No matter what I do to my computer, I have the chance to redownload and reinstall the stuff that I purchased.