No, I dislike the trackball because it's a mechanical interface prone to failure as bit mentioned. There are no physical "keys" so having a physical trackball just seems rather dumb-ass. I've never heard of a trackball that has not caused problems for the device it was used in. Recently, that includes the Blackberry and the Apple Mighty Mouse. Previously you've had larger scale full-size trackballs with few exceptions and of course balled mice. I have two balls already that provide tactile feedback, I don't need one on a phone. smile

How many Droids do I know of? Three. The US Moto Droid, the European Moto Milo (that's the name right?) and the HTC Droid Eris. The G1 is frankly a pile of hurt with its crooked design. Sorry Matt. smile

The new Nexus One is the best so far. And again, my amazement that HTC didn't just come out and say that - "It's the best."

Google still need to do a lot of work to maximize on the resolution and quality of the display. Some of the Android UI is really hurting. I'd also like to see them tighten up the reigns a little with regards to the platform to make sure that experience between phone models is more cohesive. One of the things that has always hindered Microsoft in the mobile marketplace is product segmentation. Good on Google for launching their own phone, but they need to do more than sell it from their own web page to really promote Android. None of the other (Android) handset makers have any hope in hell of ever coming close to Apple on their own. And the platform won't flourish unless it continues to get and maintain developer, and of course consumer, interest. The current way of selling the Nexus One seems acceptable for developers, but won't make a significant impact on the consumer space.