Well, Google has sold only around 150,000 Nexus Ones so far. I'm fully aware of how bad those numbers are compared to the last iPhone or the Droid (which sold a little more than the iPhone in the first 74 days, BTW wink ). However, as the Google fanboy I am, I'll point out that this is without the giant advertising campaigns of those two phones, without the ability for consumers to even touch the phone before purchase, and without any in-store promotion. Considering all those challenges, and that I believe the majority of the phones sold are the $530 unlocked version, it's not an awful number of phones to sell. It's not great, but it's pretty good.

Besides, Google isn't banking their success on the Nexus One. This isn't like Palm. Pretty soon Google will have a Nexus One that works with all four major US carriers, and that's a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see the sales rate increase from here.

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to write a quick post about the "state of the Nexus One" is that in the next couple days, you can add me to that 150,000-plus count. I am super excited to get my phone.