Originally Posted By: Dignan
Does anyone here have the magic mouse? It seems pretty unergonomic to me...

I'm not worried about the ergonomics as it seems fine in that department - a mouse isn't a hand rest and doesn't need to be bear-clawed to be held. What I'm worried about is the clicking and possibly having to lift a finger off the surface to click with another.

That mouse however is selling like hotcakes and was enough to move Apple into the number 3 spot of retail mouse sales believe it or not. This doesn't include mice bundled with computers, and they're behind only Logitech and Microsoft - and possibly selling only that one product at the moment.

I'll really need to check it out in person, but it did pique my curiosity when I first saw it, if for no other reason than its clean lines. I'm not generally a fan of BlueTooth for mice however as every one I've ever tested from Logitech or Microsoft has been shit to put it bluntly. When I sit at a desk with my notebook I normally like to use a mouse, but I haven't been for a few years.

I last used Microsoft's portable laser mouse 6000 and since then I've sworn off Microsoft mice permanently. They're all total and complete pieces of shit with the poorest materials selection and construction on the planet, even compared to products costing $5. Microsoft mice of the past 3 years will disintegrate even if you don't use them, I can guarantee this. The rubber deteriorates quickly from the sides and from the scroll wheel and once that goes, the mouse may still be somewhat "functional," but it's going to be a complete turd to use.