I got the same form letter. These guys are apparently idiots.

Quote:
Gizmodo shows screen shots of Intensity Scale Ramps using the Nexus One Browser that duplicates and confirms the 16-bit color depth and banding shown in Figure 1. This definitively establishes that the Nexus One has a 16-bit display interface.

By the same reasoning, if I had my Nexus One display an image that showed only 16 colors, they would conclude that it only had a 4-bit "display interface".

Then they go on to say:
Quote:
Most computer, HDTV and mobile displays, including the iPhone, have at least 18-bit color and then often emulate full 24-bit color with dithering, providing 256 intensity levels for Red, Green and Blue, which produces a nice color and intensity scale without the ugly artifacts.

Yep, that additional 1 bit per subpixel is going to make all the difference. It's going to be so much easier to emulate 256 shades of green when limited to 64 shades of green than 32 shades of green. ?!?

Regardless, they refuse to simply try loading the image in a different application themselves. Ridiculous. They're just playing CYA now.