Originally Posted By: Dignan
So you're telling me you never, ever, have to re-pair your bluetooth devices? They never flake out on you randomly? And I'm not talking like every time you use it, but say every 10 to 30 times you need it.

Nope. Works fine assuming the batteries aren't low in the various devices. The first generation Bluetooth devices I had were a bit flakey but since then I've never had any trouble.

I used to sync my phone every couple days using Bluetooth. My old old phone used to connect to my Mac mini to use Clicker. At one point I ran presence detection based on whether the Bluetooth adapter could see my phone. The mouse for my old laptop was a Microsoft Bluetooth one. The PCMCIA slot mouse for my current laptop is Bluetooth. I've got a Sony Ericsson headset and car kit. None of them I've had any problems with.

Originally Posted By: Dignan
Oh well, I don't think I'm alone on this bluetooth thing smile

I could say exactly the reverse. I don't think I'm alone on this Bluetooth thing (working). I know plenty of people who use Bluetooth daily and they don't have any problems with it. Sure, you may get some hardware/firmware which is flakey but that isn't any fault of Bluetooth itself.