Originally Posted By: wfaulk
I will point out that it wasn't very long ago at all that you were laughing at Palm for basing their OS on HTML5, yet now you're touting HTML5 as a replacement for what is undoubtedly a full-featured (if poorly implemented) environment.

I continue to laugh at Palm. Using HTML for what lives in a browser makes sense. Using a video tag to mark the spot for a video within a web page makes sense. But basing an operating system on serving up web pages? Hardly the same thing. And it doesn't make much sense at all for a full-featured platform. It's certainly doable for some applications, but developers can always have that choice on a platform like iPhone or Android which also allow native development.

Look, Adobe lost the browser battle with SVG. But they were winning the desktop content battle and made some nice coin. They used that coin to pick up their long-time rival and the technology that helped kick their ass. Suddenly it's the greatest thing ever because it continues to help line their pockets with cash.

I'm not a fan of much of what Flash offers on the web, even if it were completely open.