If this were MY OS, I know one change I would make. If someone wants to deviate significantly in their OS distribution and handset capabilities they'd be prevented from using the Android name in any way shape or form, as well as anything to tie the product to Google or the Android OS in any other way. In other words, feel free to use the OS as a basis for your "Feature Phone" but make sure the general public doesn't know it's Android under the hood.

Now if you want to make a real Android-branded handset, a real GOOGLE branded handset, now here's what you have to do. It's spelled out in concrete. No deviation whatsoever. Google innovates here and as the handset manufacturer you follow blindly or fuck off.

Google has the money and brand where they could have done this without any other handset manufacturers at all. Maybe they would even have been more successful at this point, forgetting the whole multi-brand thing and just keeping "Android" for both the OS and phone hardware. Or some other brand, which I'm sure they could have hired someone to come up with. Just keeping it singular is the main point.