Originally Posted By: andy
I've still to find an Apple mouse or trackpad that I can get on with.

Maybe I should have added even more information about the Apple mouse. This is the first Apple mouse I'm remotely interested in. All other Apple mice have been great for longevity, but they've had terrible physical and feature design. I've never bought or used an Apple Mouse for my own personal computing. Only while at ATI did I use them on test systems, so I have experience with pretty much every model they've ever produced.

After tweaking the mouse prefs I've usually been ok with speed. Also, installing a nice tool like SteerMouse solves any further deficiencies. I usually find that Logitech mice in Mac OS need the most help. With trackpads I have always been able to set decent rates with only the built-in control panel, though I did also use a third-party tool to get two-finger scrolling on my old PowerBook. Now that I've been using the MacBook Pro (with the "glass" trackpad) I can't use the pad on the PowerBook very well - I find it too grippy.

I still have an original Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer which has seen a lot of use and still works well. However, again, because of shite material selections, the paint is rubbing off all over the place. It does have a lifetime warranty though (the first and last time MS did this?), so I should probably make Microsoft replace it for me. smile