Originally Posted By: hybrid8

I last used Microsoft's portable laser mouse 6000 and since then I've sworn off Microsoft mice permanently. They're all total and complete pieces of shit with the poorest materials selection and construction on the planet, even compared to products costing $5. Microsoft mice of the past 3 years will disintegrate even if you don't use them, I can guarantee this. The rubber deteriorates quickly from the sides and from the scroll wheel and once that goes, the mouse may still be somewhat "functional," but it's going to be a complete turd to use.

I don't often find myself agreeing with you, but for once I agree completely. Microsoft used to make great mice but about 3 years ago they lost the plot.

I've tried a few MSFT mice since and they are all nasty and don't work very well. I've ended up with a Logitech one now, that is so much better than the MSFT ones I've tried recently.

To balance my agreement, I've still to find an Apple mouse or trackpad that I can get on with. Worse than that, even when I plug mice that I do like into my Macs I can't get on with the acceleration profile that the Mac uses, I never can find a setting that allows for decent movement at high speed and fine movements.

Edited by andy (07/01/2010 15:08)