Originally Posted By: hybrid8
If I'm being honest, it sounds like the most boring software update I've ever heard of. It even puts some of Apple's snore-fests to shame.

Meh, kind of boring, but who cares? It's a .1 update.

Bitt: you'd mentioned the Nav on your Nexus One before. Well, I'm in Phoenix this week, I have no idea where anything is, and the rental car doesn't have GPS in it. Every time we go somewhere, I simply look it up on Google Maps (which is way easier do than with any GPS system I've ever used), and tell it to navigate me there. Then I put it behind the wheel (in a way that it doesn't cover the speedometer).

Holy cow! It's so freaking good! First off, the refresh rate is at least 3 times faster than the best I've seen, which was on a Lexus. It's easily 5 times faster than my Toyota or Honda systems. I also love how, when driving on highways, when you get close to the exit you're supposed to take, it smoothly zooms in to the perfect level.

Just today, we were going to a local Phoenix dive restaurant for lunch. When we got to the place, there was a sign on the road, but it was between two buildings. Neither building had any signs indicating what they were. Helpfully, when we reached our destination, the Google Streetview showed us which building we wanted. Very neat.

Garmin is now making Android phones. That's the only way I can conceive that they'll survive.