Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Interestingly, even though the documentation clearly says that it won't work on AT&T's network, I swapped in my Blackberry SIM just to see, and both voice and data work just fine. I'm only getting EDGE-like data speeds, but that's all I was getting from the Blackberry anyway. I'm sure I'm roaming, but my T-Mobile SIM is supposed to show up on Tuesday.

It says that in the documentation? Strange. I think it was clear all along that it works on AT&T's network, but it doesn't use the 3G frequencies that T-Mobile uses. It's the same case with my G1, which I had on AT&T until I ran my contract out and switched to T-Mobile. I'm MUCH happier now.

Originally Posted By: Dignan
Have you tried pressing the shift key twice to get all-caps?

Yeah, that works. Not that that was what I meant. On the Blackberry, if you hold down a key for a while, it changes to uppercase, which is faster than shift+key, at least for me.

I think I'm confused now. It sounds like you mean that you're holding the shift key down as you press the letters. I mean that you tap the shift key twice in a row, then start typing to get all caps. I would think that's faster than holding it down...

Originally Posted By: Dignan
There's no comma button by default?

If you have the voice input turned on, but replaces the comma key with a voice input key. Turn it off and the comma comes back. I think I'll leave it that way. The voice input works reasonably well, but I can't think of many situations where it would be that useful.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I never use the voice input. It just doesn't work well in any amount of noise (at least in my experience), and the accuracy just isn't reliable enough. I'd much rather have the comma smile