If I'm being honest, it sounds like the most boring software update I've ever heard of. It even puts some of Apple's snore-fests to shame. Are people shipping scripts as apps? WTF.

Personally (from a completely subjective and personal (business) use case), I want to see more power management updates. Otherwise the OS alrready looks like a decent platform to build off (on top) of. I have some ideas that have been sitting on the back-burner for at least 5 years that should fit nicely with Android, so as a platform, I'm really glad it's moving along. 5 years ago I couldn't imagine that someone would create something like this and license it freely.

For handset owners, this update seems totally passable compared to previous and it's just another milestone to mark how out-dated so many devices will be - or become.

Anyway, overjoyed Android exists and that Google is sinking energy into it. I just don't think handset makers are really exploiting what they're basically being given for free, but that's not really much of a concern for me since I doubt I'd ever buy into the platform for use on a mobile phone. At least not one I wasn't designing myself.