His summary was this:
Quote:
You may not even notice or care about the text reproduction issue. Only when compared with an extremely high-res LCD screen like on the Droid are the text fuzziness comments truly noticeable—and that's a high standard to hold the screen to.

The Nexus One screen remains better than the iPhone screen for text reproduction because the overall resolution is much higher, even taking into account the factors I describe.

The main reason I was interested in the article is that it exposes a lot of the low level engineering going on in todays displays, both on the hardware and software side. The work on this reminds me a lot of the work Microsoft put into Cleartype. It is also a tech that factors in how a display is made to take advantage of it and produce a certain effect, by doing sub pixel rendering. In the game graphics space, there is a lot of sub pixel tricks being done these days to render special effects and other components.

Anything OLED interests me quite a bit, since it's likely to be the new display standard in the future for many devices. I'll just have to make sure my interests apparently don't push Bitt off the edge though.