Has anyone seen problems with multi-touch on the Nexus One, especially compared to other handsets, such as Moto's Droid? Things like the phone not actually recognizing whee you're touching the screen.

Interesting article and even more interesting comment from Google:

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/is-multitouch-broken-on-the-nexus-one/

Originally Posted By: "Diane Hickson, Google Framework Engineer"
Sorry I meant exactly what I said: this is how the touch screen hardware on the Nexus One works (which is essentially the same screen as on the G1 and myTouch). The Droid has a sensor from a different manufacturer, with different behavior. Other phones will likewise have different sensors.

This amazes me on a few fronts. One, that a Google employee would make such a comment that puts their product and partner products in such a bad light. Two that they didn't offer some hope at least of being able to resolve this in software (it seems possible after viewing what's happening in the video). That Google is aware of this and still thought it was a god idea to use this touch sensor. I really get the feeling this is really just an HTC phone. That is, instead of HTC being the OEM producing a Google phone, w're just seeing an ODM relationship here with some re-branding. Basically this is just an HTC product running the Google OS.

This is just more evidence of the problems Google faces by maintaining these types of relationships and basically "phoning it in" when it comes to product design. No pun intended.