What's the largest flash capacity available on an Android phone excluding SD? I think their first mistake was requiring SD expansion at all. It's rather pointless on some devices since you need to remove the battery to swap cards. I can see its uses for data storage, but installing apps on SD is really only a replacement for built-in NVRAM. It's like using a DVDRW instead of a hard drive (ignoring read/write speed). I don't know if there's ever a situation in which I'd want to remove my SD card and lose access to a number of apps in the process.

I'm reading on various blogs covering performance that Flash enabled is slowing down any page that has any flash content, both in load time as well as scrolling speed.

Some tests out there have head-to-head-to-head comparisons with Flash off (or on-demand) of the Nexus One with Froyo versus iPhone 3GS versus some other HTC phone (probably with 2.1). It's interesting that while watching the Froyo Nexus go faster on page loads, for the most part, I didn't hear anyone mention that the Nexus one is equipped with a 1GHz processor and the 3GS only 600MHz. Froyo seems like a nice improvement in speed for some applications on the Nexus, but I think it's bringing it up to par rather than screaming to the bleeding edge.

It's going to be interesting (and much more relevant) to see comparisons against the next iPhone this summer.

Edited by hybrid8 (24/05/2010 19:11)