Question for Nexus One owners here. I'm looking for someone who bought theirs unlocked (for the $529 price).

First, do you have it on T-Mobile? Second, were you able to keep your current plan and not be forced into their plan?

I'm looking into getting the Nexus One, because lately I simply can't bear the abysmal performance of the G1. It's truly awful. However, it will be extremely difficult to justify the price of the unlocked phone to myself (and more importantly, my wife). The problem with the subsidized phone, though, is that the plan sucks. Well, it's decent, but isn't the plan for me. I'm one of the few people on the planet, it seems, who despises text messaging, for example, but I run a business that puts me on my phone a lot. I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T entirely because I could get a plan with unlimited voice and text (and no texts) for a decent price ($80, which I think is pretty good).

I've heard that you're pretty much stuck with the plan that comes with the subsidized phone, which sucks. I need more than 500 minutes (this is my only phone, after all). I'm going to try to justify the more expensive phone, which I'm sure I could just order and stick my SIM card into, but it'll be difficult.

So yeah, my question was: if you bought your phone without the contract, were you able to just keep on like nothing changed?