Originally Posted By: Dignan

Um...no. Nintendo has sold over 113 million DS units. Apple has sold a respectable 30 million iPhones and Touches,

The numbers I have seen are actually 70-something million and 45-50 million respectively (though I think 45m is low and the real figure is closer to 60m). Though more recently with some digging I have been able to find figures for the DS topping 105M, so I'll take your 113.

I believe the iPod Touch figure itself is close to 30 million units today. Combined sales were already over 37 million units in April of 2009. q3 and q4 2009 added another 13M iPhones and likely a similar number of iPod touches. Expect another 15M+ iPhones this year along with maybe 10M or more touches - it all really depends on what Apple does to refresh the line. Apple will catch the DS.

Neither sales stat is for currently active units obviously. Nintendo has sold a bunch of DS revisions that people have upgraded through and Apple has done the same with the iPhone and Touch. Apple has been doing amazingly well with hardware that costs a lot more than Nintendo's and sales policies on the iPhone that have dramatically restricted its adoption, especially in the US.