Some recent buzz from the folks at Nintendo...

Originally Posted By: Dignan
If it's anything remotely like the tablet shapes being reported, I don't see how it will be a big gaming platform. The form factor just doesn't lend its self to it. It's not portable, and you have stuff at home that is going to be much more usable.

Originally Posted By: Dignan
I still don't think they have as much to stand on in the gaming area as they think they do, and that is to say that they think the iPhone is the greatest portable gaming platform around.

Seems like the NIntendo bosses disagree about the competitiveness of the iPhone and iPad... I'm quite sure that the iPod and iPhone have already affected Nintendo's sales in past quarters.

Quote:
Satoru Iwata, the Nintendo president, is understood to have told his senior executives recently to regard the battle with Sony as a victory already won and to treat Apple, and its iPhone and iPad devices, as the “enemy of the future” .

Source: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article7118570.ece

I also think the battle with Sony (or MS for that matter) is far from over. The PS3 still has a long life ahead of it by all accounts. Nintendo needs to start putting out some games people actually care about. Like another Zelda. It's the reason I bout the Wii in the first place, and I don't see myself spending much time gaming on it until the new installment hits the street.