Originally Posted By: tman
The iPad is too wide to do that and you'll need to grab an edge.

That is fair enough, but I would have thought the multitouch system would be able to cope with a bit of a thumb on the edge of the display. I would just want the screen and as little device as possible. Isn't that the whole point of the device in the first place?

I also find the lack of thickness to be a bit of a problem, the touch for me just seems too lightweight and when I go back to my iPhone it feels a much better thickness and weight for a device it's size, I would fear that the iPad would be just too thin not me to really trust myself using it.

I am confused by all the hype around this product, who are they aiming it at? People can read books on their laptop screens now but don't, so why do they think the iPad will make such a massive difference to the masses?

I suspect the Apple viral marketing dept has been working very hard behind the scenes to hype this product into a frenzy, to cover the fact that it isn't a brake through product at all. Just like with the iPod, it wasn't the first but if you listen to the hype it certainly was.

Cheers

Cris.