Originally Posted By: hybrid8
That's not necessarily what AGPS means though. The "assisted" part goes over and above, giving you faster acquisition/startup times, it doesn't necessarily mean you need an active data connection present to use the GPS features.

Yeah. I know. I was just speculating that the iPad has the needs a data connection variant.

Even though WP does claim that some devices always need a data connection, I don't believe that's the case with the iPhone, so I don't expect it would be the case with the iPad.

Ah okay. I've not got an iPhone so can't tell.

BTW, data will also work everywhere in the world a long as you plug a micro sim in. I'm not sure why they didn't just use a regular sized sim though.

I'm puzzled by the decision of Apple to use the micro SIM. It isn't like the unit is too small that they couldn't fit in a regular SIM. The iPhone can do it for one and thats tiny in comparison.

People have jokingly said that Apple doesn't need to lock these things because nobody will have a micro SIM to put into it anyway. Unless these micro SIMs really become popular, it is going to be a pain to get them on the network of your choice.