Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Originally Posted By: hybrid8
I will say however that the most comparable Kindle, the DX model, is only $10 cheaper for the hardware. I don't think that product has any future after this week.

As long as you dismiss mobile connectivity and the service for it. If you don't, it's $680 to $1220 cheaper, over three years, depending on which iPad service plan you get.

You're making me want to pull my hair out. wink Clearly I said "is only $10 cheaper for the hardware" - whether you pay $0 or $1000 per month for connectivity, the price of the hardware doesn't change. Should we get into what a mobile connection gains you on each of those devices?

You just seem determined to try and negate anything I write for some reason. It's strange because I've already admitted to agreeing with much of what you've mentioned in this thread. I just draw a different conclusion from the facts out there at this time as to how the market will play out. And as to whether anyone else offers any device with even close to the same specs for even close to the same money - which is a contention on facts and not interpretation.

Did you anticipate the iPhone would fail (or at the very least not do well) by any chance? wink

Edited by hybrid8 (29/01/2010 13:11)