What Tom said. Perfect.

I do think this is a third category, but I feel that for me, this category is still not as well fleshed out as it could be. Some people complain because they want a whole Mac in a tablet format. I'd not advocate that. If someone wants that they can go ahead and pick up a ModBook or if they prefer Windows, one of those other random machines. I think a device like this needs to be purpose built, including from an OS POV, to truly define this third category.

Like Tom, I see a bunch of things missing. I'm actually sad they're missing from the iPhone platform as well and I've mentioned them here before, including the lack of a more versatile and centralized document storage area that can be used by multiple applications. Wireless connectivity for sync can probably chew through a ton of battery on a large transfer, but you don't have to sync everything all at once each and every time. Document hand-off is a great feature. I'm not sure Apple will get there in an appreciable amount of time.

Unfortunately I don't think the features we're talking about significantly enough affect the bottom line. I'm sure everyone would love them, but how many extra sales will they absolutely guarantee?