Matt, I spend a lot of time on the board as it is. wink Use Google and you will find estimates of the sales of the two companies I mentioned. You can also find a lot of information about the distribution and licensing costs associated with creating Nintendo games. Those facts for the App Store are known - 30% off the top to Apple. You can also find a lot of information from developers on the ease of developing for various platforms. Another fact is that developers have been able to leverage their code base on the iPhone platform to release two, three or even four games.

As well, for a small company, it's really a no brainer. Most have little chance to ever release a Nintendo game, having to get past the licensing and development costs. Releasing one on the iPhone is pretty straight forward since there is a much lower barrier to entry.

Also, the unit stat was just to contribute additional data to the previous discussion. I don't have a DS stat but I was hoping someone else could add that later. BTW, personally, I think the DS is shite. Two super small screens is still two super small screens. BUt I do agree with you that the iPhone would be a nicer gaming rig if you had the ability to use some external buttons. A couple of people were working on cases sporting buttons and a dpad. Not sure where that's at right now, but from a feasibility perspective, it's at least possible now that Apple has an official API for the dock connector. You'd have to bake support for it directly into the titles though.

Edited by hybrid8 (27/01/2010 12:25)