So if I pick up a Wii, perhaps after Christmas, are all you jokers still going to be using it and playing these games so you can give me a hand?

I've never had a console of my own before (my little brother has had every single one (from all brands) since the NES, except the Sega Master System). I used to play a lot of games back on the C64 and Amiga. Did a tiny bit of game playing with a Windows PC up until about 10 years ago. Since then the only game playing I've done has been for work while I was still in QA at ATI (but even that was 5+ years ago).

Ok, I suppose I played with my GBA for a while, but got bored too quickly because the screen really sucked. I can say I'm not that interested in hand-helds except for adventure games since they're so awkward to control. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm most interested in the Wii, followed by the Xbox 360. The Wii for the interesting control opportunities plus games you can't find anywhere else, including a bunch of cool games suitable for parties. The 360 has a ton going for it beyond games. Not interested at all in a PS3.