Quote:
My list of games to buy includes only the new Zelda. But, hm, can I download and buy DS and Game Cube games with Wii (to get the other Zeldas)? Does it really support every previous Nintendo system?? For me, that makes this the greatest console in history.

The Virtual Console on the Wii currently plays NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 games. At this time, no support for other systems, including the GameBoy, DS or GameCube have been announced. The Virtual console is the part of the system that plays downloaded games from the Wii store.

The GameCube compatibility of the Wii requires a physical game disc, Gamecube memory card for saving, and the GameCube controller.

If you do want to play some of the older Zelda games, the GameCube did have a promotional disc that you can still find online in a few places. It has the two NES games, as well as the two N64 games on it. The game I'm hoping will appear soon on the Virtual Console is the SNES Link to the Past. So far, the only rerelease of it was on the Game Boy Advance, and the control scheme had to be changed to work with less buttons.