Quote:
I've called every place in town I can think of the past two days, no luck on a Wii. If any of you guys come across one, I'll pay ya to ship to me in SF =]. I'm jonesin' BAD here people! Any tips on how to find one?

One thing that I noticed while looking for a Wii is that face to face works a lot better than the phone. I went in to Best Buy and went over to the game section and was looking around. One of the girls that work there came over to check something, so I asked if they had any Wiis in. After talking for a minute or two, she told me when the next shipment was coming in (last Saturday morning). The manner in which she did that made it seem like they weren't suppose to let anybody know (under her breath after making sure nobody else was around).

A similar incident happened at Sears when I checked there. Gamestop told em they were going to get them in Wed night (day before Thanksgiving) after closing, so they were going to be available Friday morning. The line there started at about 8pm Thursday night and the last person who got theirs got there at about 3:30am.

I got all that information in the time it took to drive to the three stores, even though I spent about four days calling everywhere and not getting any real responses on when the shipments were due in. People seem more willing to let you know when shipments are coming in when you talk to them face to face.