Quote:
IMO, every Wii game that I've played on a widescreen TV looks much better than every GC game I played on the same TV. And that's with the composite cables. I have the component cables but haven't tried them out yet...

I've had the component cables for a couple weeks. I really didn't notice that big of a difference between the composite and the component cables. Then again, one of my friends at work was commenting on the 'jaggies' that he thought were painfully visible during bowling and I didn't notice them with the composites and even looking for them with the component cables I can't see them. I may just be oblivious.

The games do look good on the widescreen. Rather than stretched, we use to play the Gamecube games in 4:3, which seemed like a waste of a lot of screen, but still less painful than stretched images. Zelda has a setup screen with a row of boxes (three I think). When those boxes are all square, your screen is set up properly, either in 4:3 or widescreen, depending on your configuration.