Thanks for the tips, everyone. I'll try my local (far away) Best Buy tomorrow early morning. Loren, you've inspired me and rekindled my impulse buy. Of COURSE I can make time for Zelda! Actually, last Christmas break and early '06, I finally played through the SNES and N64 Zeldas. Still have to finish MM, then try WW and maybe Phantom Hourglass*.

Quote:
would the Wii work with my computer monitor with DSub15 and 5 BNC input?
Quote:
That question might be based on the assumption that the Wii supports HD modes

Sorry to mislead. My monitor is a old, but quality CRT, where the 5 BNC input is the ancient Sun style - R G B HSync VSync. It would be convenient to fina a converter between that and RCA for the Wii.

My list of games to buy includes only the new Zelda. But, hm, can I download and buy DS and Game Cube games with Wii (to get the other Zeldas)? Does it really support every previous Nintendo system?? For me, that makes this the greatest console in history.

Oh, and Mario Kart. We need online Maximum Kartage (instead of Carnage)!!

* From the PH trailer at Zelda.com, it's great to hear a revival of the invigorating score from "Link to the Past". And the use of the DS split screen and touch pad are innovations only Nintendo could do.