What worked for me was reading the Wii chat forums and http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii or whatever it is... and calling the Best Buys and Circuit City's the night before right before they closed to see if they had them in stock for the day that everyone was forecasting them to put them out. I had to wait in line 3 hours, but it was worth it, which I never thought I'd say. Rumor is that the next big sale date is the 17th last I checked. Otherwise your best bet is to drop into your local EB Games or Gamestop and see when they get their daily shipments, and be there when they do. OR, you can pay a $100 premium and get one off of ebay or craigslist.

As for if it will work on your monitor... out of the box no. It comes with RCA cables, but there are component and svideo cables available. So you'd need an adaptor eh? The console doesn't need to be positioned, but it does come with an IR LED "sensor" bar that needs to be either below or above your screen. The wire for it is really long, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing mid January, they'll be way easier to find, but who knows. Zelda howeve, is definitely worth the wait. And I haven't had time for gaming in years, but I somehow found it for Zelda! 42 hours worth in the past week and a half!