Quote:
While the USB charging AA batteries are impressive, why not just buy some good NiMH batts and a charger? They'll last twice as long, and a good charger will keep your batteries in good working order.

Because I've never had any luck with standard rechargeables. They either don't charge or they last for extremely short times. They've just never worked for me.

Quote:
Why would you want wii specific packs? AA's will be cheaper and are always getting better.

I would want Wii-specific ones because most of the products I've seen announced (well, two) are designed so that you can just sit the controllers down in a cradle and leave it. This is far more convenient than switching rechargeable batteries out all the time (and you will be - wait till you see how fast they drain).

Oh, and one other battery point I wanted to make: watch out when you're taking the Wii to other people's houses. You should take the batteries out first I didn't, and because there is no "on/off" switch for the controllers, it just kept turning on because buttons were being pressed in the bag I was carrying.