I'm typing this on the run, but after a 30 minute session with the new Monkey Ball, I'm not happy with it. The mini games are f'n terrible and they obviously went with quantity over quality... there are a few where the control scheme just flat out doesn't work, at least not to the point that I can control anything (paragliding especially). The regular Monkey Ball one person game is as would be expected, same old but with a new control method... i.e. tilting the wiimote. It'd harder. Overall it just sorta bugs me... too many non skipable flashy screens and "story" crap. I played Rayman for a couple minutes and it's infinitely better. I also got Call of Duty 3 but have yet to crack the wrapping. Will update.

So far, the Wii was a huge success for the whole family. They all got into it WAY more than I expected. I had to unplug it mid game to leave for another relative's 2 times already, to the jeers of the currently bowling players. Everyone picked the controls up really fast and just wanted to keep playing!