Quote:
Most of the reviews complained about Ubers being hard to pull off

I'm with the reviewers 100% here. I got the game last night, and started with the tutorial mode. I breezed my way through every tutorial with no problem at all. I was quite pleased that everything was so easy to do with the new control scheme.

Then I got to the ubers. I played the uber tutorial at least THIRTY TIMES before I lucked out and pulled off the two ubers that the tutorial asked for. To be fair, for a small portion of that I was forgetting to let go of the A button after I did the motion for the ubers. The things that frustrated me to no end is that it seemed that I didn't have enough time to make the motions, and it maybe understood my motions about 10% of the time. Most of the time, I would try to do the trick and the motion of the uber would pull off another trick.

For example, the hardest one to pull off in the tutorial was the one that looks like a little knot, where you make two loops. First of all, the icon is too small to be able to tell where I'm supposed to begin the motion, but also the motion you have to make requires you to move the wiimote sideways twice, and this just causes me to do a spin.

ARGH! Seriously, this is REALLY frustrating.

Aside from that, though, I really like the game. I loved SSX3 (didn't like SSX On Tour so much), so I'm glad that it's more similar to that game. As frustrating as it can be at times, I'm looking forward to getting used to the controls.