Quote:
I didn't break the strap on his wimote, but I did let it lose once playing tennis and while trying to bowl with my left hand, I smacked it into a metal bowl on the coffee table and threw the remote across the room and into the speaker grill below my parent's TV. Oops! Not wearing the strap for that left handed madness.

I totally forgot to mention this. I was a huge skeptic about all the BS surrounding broken straps on the wiimotes, until 2 days ago. We were playing bowling and had been for about an hour or so, and I was seated with my feet up on an ottoman with my buddy bowling beside it to the left of me. He wound up, swung forward, clipped my shoe, which knocked the wiimote lose from his grip, and on the forward swing, the wiimote went flying into the ceiling, hit the wall, and smacked into the floor. We were astonished. The strap was still hanging from his wrist, and the cord dangled, broken (image links). There was a dent in the ceiling and the battery cover came off the wiimote, but other than a scuff on the front, it works fine. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes. And he wasn't even swinging very hard. I was pissed we didn't have it on video!

Quote:
Anyone have any bowling tips? I coulnd't really figure out what would make the ball hook left near the end of the lane. I tried different angle and spin techniques with the wiimote but could never get it to spin/hook to the right.

I always line up on the far right, and release a little past the bottom of the swing with a pretty good twist on the remote. If you hit the 1/3 pocket it's a pretty guaranteed strike.