Quote:
The microphone probably more complex than just a standard controller but they made rock band for wii so it must be able to handle it.

The microphone was my point. I was pleasantly surprised to see how accurately it identified pitch in my, um, singing. Pitch recognition doesn't seem that easy, especially with three other inputs, sound output, and all that video. I thought the Wii had underpowered hardware which couldn't handle it.

I think games are getting easier because of their play duration. Gone are the days of Contra, where you must play for hours without getting hit three times. Now you can save every five minutes and walk away any time. Not that I mind; this casual approach fits my schedule better than 8 hour sessions of Goonies II or Hudson's Adventure Island.

Make up for their ease by "playing with style." Like Mario 64, I strive to flip, fling and fly through Mario Galaxy with grace. Anyone can stomp on a goomba, but can you land on it by terminating your long jump in a spin stomp? And what is the purpose of the "waggle + stomp" - shake the wiimote and push the trigger at the same time for some odd extended in-air spin and show-off landing.

Lost Winds was a great way to wind down a long day. The music transports soul to a luxurious spa, sipping echinacea punch while getting a pedicure. ... Where are those last three pots??

On game controllers, designers could use those other 8 fingers like The Thummer.