So the fan in my Wii started to make a nasty rattling/buzzing sound. I called Nintendo, and their first suggestion was we'll keep an eye out and see if anyone else ever reports that problem, but in the meantime, have fun with your Wii, mmmkay?

I pointed out that that didn't really solve my problem. They had two options. Option 1: They can do advance replacement with a new unit, but I would lose any Wii points I had or any games I had downloaded. They insisted there was no possible way to transfer the account information over. Option 2: Send in my Wii for repair. I'll be without for 5-10 days, but I'll still have my point balance and such.

I choose Option 2. They turn around the repair really fast; I send it out on Monday and I get it back Friday. When I open it I realize how they fixed it so fast: They replaced it. The shopping channel recognizes the new one as being mine, and shows me the correct point balance and lets me redownload my games, which means they evidently do have a way to transfer that information.

I got the worst of both worlds. I'm without the system for week, like a repair, but I have to reenter all of my information, like in an advance replacement. I've got like a 2000 character WPA key on my network to reenter, plus I've got everybody's Wii codes to reenter. Plus, I lost everything that I couldn't back up to SD card, like all my Miis (I backed up some to the remote, but that only holds so many).

Anyway, that's a long way of saying the I have a new Wii code now, and anyone who entered my code before should reenter it.

Here's my new code:
6940 1103 2809 4388

Please enter my code so I can repopulate my Mii parade!