Originally Posted By: RobotCaleb
I was rather hoping you'd move to a good Android phone. It would have been interesting to hear your feedback after you'd gotten used to the differences. You could always have moved back to your 3GS anyway.

Ok... I will finally take this challenge. I'm going to set a few ground rules though, to avoid sinking a ton of money into this that I may just be tossing in the toilet.

1. I want a 30 day no questions asked return policy, and ability to escape a contract. I have a feeling a "good" phone is probably going to be on a non world standard carrier like Verizon or Sprint. I do not want to be locked into either carrier for 2 years if I decide the Android device is not for me.

2. My limit for spending any money on Android apps during the 30 days will be $30. Again, don't want to invest heavily in another app marketplace just to throw it out if the device doesn't work out. So App recommendations to meet my needs will hopefully fit within there.

3. Any software for syncing to the device must be OS X compatible. I will not reboot one of my machines into Windows just for the phone. The main things I will be syncing are music (Stored in iTunes), photos (Stored in iPhoto), and podcasts (Also currently stored in iTunes, though I'm fine with audio only ones being dealt with differently).

4. I will not flash any phone with unofficial firmware. This is likely to void any return period anyhow, and I'm not going to hack a phone to make it usable. It needs to work out of the box and be a phone, not a hackers toy.

Already, the Nexus One is out, as http://google.com/phone lacks any info on how to buy one in the US.

I've been on a waiting list with a local Sprint store for the Evo since June 19th. Sprint called when I was on vacation and said they would not hold the phone they had for me for more then 24 hours. I wasn't going to cancel my vacation over a phone, so they tossed me back on the bottom of the waiting list. Not really thrilled about the Evo now due to this.

So where does that leave me?